For more than 40 years owners Helen and John escaped their hectic, professional lives in the city to recharge in the stunning surrounds of Bawley Point, a place where generations have come to enjoy the natural beauty and pristine environment.
Precious holiday time was spent on simple pursuits like family, friends, cooking, surf, sand, walks, camp fires, reading, quiet contemplation… to revitalise and reenergise them in readiness for the busy year ahead.
At Bangalay Retreat, Helen and John have strived to recreate a place in the world that reminds them of those relaxing and restorative times.
Bangalay Retreat is a simple and elegant boutique retreat located on beachfront land at Bawley Point, less than four hours from Sydney. We offer luxurious African safari tents tucked behind sand dunes close to the beach on the stunning south coast of New South Wales. The retreat offers private accommodation for singles, couples or small groups of friends.
A place from which to explore all that the area has to offer or simply just to relax and unwind in the natural bush and coastal surroundings.
- Minimum stay is 2 nights, or 3 nights over Christmas break, Easter and long weekends.
- Rates are based on per tent, with a maximum of 2 adults occupying.
- We do not cater for children under 18 years of age. Each tent has a queen size bed only.
- Due to environmental sensitivity of the site, all pets are prohibited by the Council.
- Bangalay Retreat is a 'no smoking' property.
- The property is rented to you for holiday purposes only for the period stated on the receipt and confirmation email, there are strictly no functions, weddings, bucks parties or similar events permitted at the tents unless prior arrangements have been made.
All linen and towels are provided.
If your stay is longer than 7 days a change of linen and towels will be provided, as well as a housekeeping.
If you request a change of linen or towels during your stay, an extra charge will be incurred and charged to your credit card.
Check in starts at 2pm. Please notify us of your estimated time of arrival.
Upon arrival please phone 0490 067 616 and we will come down to check you in.
Check out time is strictly 10am. Failure to check out on time may incur an additional day’s rent being charged.
Damages, losses and guest responsibilities
- Bangalay Retreat endeavours to take all possible care but accepts no responsibility for damage or loss of guests belongings left on the premise during and after a guests stay.
- Guests are financially responsible for any damage sustained or loss incurred to the property, fixtures or fittings of Bangalay Retreat.
- Guests accept the physical risks involved in staying in this natural setting.
- We would ask that guests respect wildlife (do not feed them!), dispose of waste properly, minimise campfire impacts by using facilities provided, and be considerate of other guests – please keep noise levels low, please do not play music audible by others, tidy up common areas after use.
Please respect these terms and conditions to avoid cancellation of your stay without refund.